Saturday, May 24, 2014

Who doesn't love a smoothie?

I know I really enjoy them.  And, it's one of those things you make that probably is never quite the same twice ...but is always yummy.




It's always a matter of what is at hand really.  This time it began with some orange juice, a banana, some frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries.. add a few big dollops of frozen vanilla yogurt ...and a splash of my milk substitute... Vanilla So Good .... mmmm.... very tasty if I do say so myself... and, I do.  Today I made almost the same version, but added some apple sauce as well....

It doesn't matter how many or how few blueberries I toss in... it will be purple if there are blueberries...but, it's a pretty colour, so it's okay...

16 comments:

Sue (this n that) said...

I definitely agree Vee - a smoothie makes for a quick and nutritious meal when cooking's not on the list of to-do s !! I throw in a raw egg at times too, then I really feel virtuous ;D)

Gwen Buchanan said...

I love smoothies.. one of John's specialties... and always just a little different, makes life full of variety!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a delicious treat for a hot day!

DeniseinVA said...

That looks delicious. I love smoothies.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Love smoothies and you are right...never the same!...:)JP

briarrose said...

It's been too long since I've made one. Must break out blender. Yummy.

Cloudia said...

I don't not ever not-like one!





ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3


Gert said...

Your smoothies look amazing. I love them too...just don't seem to take the time to make them!

Blessings,
Gert

Linda said...

It looks absolutely delicious! I do love smoothies.

EG CameraGirl said...

YUM!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those look so refreshing for the summer months. I buy lots of fresh fruit and this would be something different to have! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

bj said...

This does look good..

NatureFootstep said...

I could use one today. :)

Cloudia said...

de- LISH!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= <3

Halcyon said...

I also love smoothies! I just need to buy a more powerful blender. :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I don't drink smoothies very often. Yours look delicious though!